Mahaska County Farmland Auction offering 427+/- acres in 3 Tracts near Leighton, Iowa. These prime investment tracts offer excellent investment potential, productive soil types, and the opportunity to purchase land that has not been available to the open market for many decades.
United Country-Hawkeye Farm Mgmt & Real Estate has had the pleasure of managing this high-quality Mahaska County farm for many years and is pleased to represent the Else Family in the sale of this property, which has been in the family for multiple generations.
Seller: Else Family LTD Partnership
Auction will be held at 10AM on Wednesday October 13, 2021, at Fairfield Inn & Suites 2325 Coal Mine Loop, Oskaloosa, IA 52577.
427+/- Acres located at the intersection of Highland Ave and 205th St. Leighton, Iowa (North of Hwy 163). Sections 29 and 33 of Madison Township T-76-N, R-16-W Mahaska County, Iowa.
-Tract 1: 181+/- acres
- 161+/- tillable acres with 60.5 CSR2
-Primary soil types: Colo-Ely, Ladoga, Gara, Otley
-FSA certified acres: 160.51 with 86.61 corn base & 73.83 bean base
-Estimated annual taxes $5200
-Tract 2: 173+/- acres
-152+/- tillable acres with 69.1 CSR2
-Primary soil types: Ladoga, Nira, Otley, Gara
-FSA certified acres: 152.2 with 82.18 corn base & 70.02 bean base
-Includes Modest 24x70 and 30x60 buildings, old silos
-Estimated annual taxes $4980
-Tract 3: 73+/- acres
-73+/- tillable acres with 73.3 CSR2
-Primary soil types: Otley, Nira, Colo-Ely, Zook
-Certified acres: 73 with 39.53 corn base & 33.67 bean base
-Estimated annual taxes $2300
*All acres and FSA information on all tracts is subject to final survey and Farm Service Agency Reconstitution*
Directions: From Oskaloosa, take Hwy 163 North for 4.5 miles. Turn north onto Highland Ave for 1.3 miles. Turn west on 205th St for 0.2 miles.
From Pella, take Hwy 163 south for 10 miles. Turn north onto Highland Ave for 1.3 miles. Turn west on 205th St for 0.2 miles.
The owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids which are subject to seller’s approval the day of auction. Any announcements on the day of the sale will supersede all printed material. Information presented is gathered from sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed by United County Hawkeye Farm Mgmt and Real Estate who represents the seller at auction.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AUCTION
1. Auction will be held October 13, 2021 at 10:00 AM at the Fairfield Inn & Suites located at 2315 Coal Mine Loop, Oskaloosa, IA 52577.
2. Seller is serious about selling this property at auction but does reserve the right to accept or reject the final bid on both properties. Each bid shall constitute an offer to purchase, and the final bid, if accepted by the Seller, shall constitute a binding contract between the Buyer and Seller. Conduction of the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of United Country Hawkeye Farm Mgmt & Real Estate and/or the auctioneers.
3. Three separate tracts: Tract 1 - 181 Acres +/-, Tract 2 - 173 Acres +/-, Tract 3 - 73 Acres +/- will be determined by completed survey.
4. The property will be sold on a price per acre basis based on acreages obtained from the completed survey. All tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice“ whereas the high bidder can purchase (in any order) any or all tracts for their high bid. The tracts will not be offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
5. All acres and FSA information on all tracts is subject to final survey and Farm Service Agency Reconstitution.
6. Property is sold “AS IS-WHERE IS” and the Buyer should take time to examine this property thoroughly and rely on their own judgement. The only guarantee from the Seller is a valid, good, and marketable title to the property. Neither the Seller, United County Hawkeye Farm Mgmt & Real Estate, or the Auctioneers are giving any warranties other than a clear title. Buyer must conduct their own inspections at their own expense prior to bidding at the auction. Auctioneers, United Country Hawkeye Farm Mgmt & Real Estate, or its agents are not responsible for any representation made by Seller or their employees and are not responsible for accidents on the sale property should any occur. Contact United Country Hawkeye Farm Mgmt & Real Estate at 641-932-7796 or Ryan Ammmons at 641-777-2955 or Nate Ammons at 641-777-2861 for private showings on any/all tracts prior to day of sale.
7. Farm is leased for the 2021 growing season and possession will be given on March 1, 2022
8. All mineral rights owned by the Seller will be conveyed to the Buyer.
9. The sale of this property is subject to any and all easements of record, covenants, restrictions of record and leases.
10. Buyer and Seller will enter a standard format Contract for the Sale of Real Estate on the day of auction. Contract will call for 10% earnest money on the day of sale to be held in Hawkeye Farm Mgmt Trust in the form of a personal, corporate or cashier’s check with the balance of the purchase price due, in certified funds, at closing on or before November 15, 2021. Contracts will contain no financing or inspection contingencies and Buyer must have their own financing and make their own inspections prior to bidding at this auction. Seller will provide abstract for each parcel continued through date of sale to Buyer’s attorney for title opinion and deliver title by General Warranty Deed. Buyer will be responsible for their own mortgage policies of title insurance (if applicable). The 2021 Property taxes will be prorated. All FSA information, maps, field boundaries and acres are presumed accurate based on the best available information and knowledge of the seller and United Country Hawkeye Farm Management & Real Estate. Exact legal to come from deed and abstract. Buyer is responsible for their own investigation of property and/or zoning for their intended use.
11. Announcements made by the United Country farm Mgmt & Real Estate and Auctioneers ahead of or during the time of sale take precedence over any previously printed materials or any oral statements made. The sale will be controlled by the auctioneer. United Country Hawkeye Farm Mgmt & Real Estate and Auctioneers represent the Seller only. If a tie or dispute occurs between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer may re-open the bidding at the Auctioneer’s sole discretion and shall serve as the sole arbiter as to who is or is not allowed to bid. Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid that is only a fraction advance over the preceding bid, to regulate bidding and to accept or reject any or all bids. Auctioneer reserves the right to enter bids on behalf of absentee/phone bidders as well as the Seller. Any and all decisions of Auctioneer regarding the conduct of the auction shall be final without liability to any party.
12. United Country Hawkeye Farm Mgmt & Real Estate and Auctioneer and their representatives are exclusive agents of the Seller. Jon Hjlem with the Acre Company acts as the Auctioneer and Auction Company.
THE BIDDING WILL ONLY LAST A FEW MINUTES, AND THE AUCITONEER SERVICE HAS FINAL SAY.
See this property